L&D Travel Nursing Jobs
Labor and Delivery (L&D) travel nurses provide high-quality care to women and their newborns in the antepartum, intrapartum, postpartum, and neonatal stages of childbirth. L&D nurses make strong connections with their patients, as they are typically assigned one “actively laboring” mother at a time. L&D nurses must be assertive, remaining vigilant to address the unexpected and advocate strongly for their patients during some of the most intense, vulnerable, and joyous moments of their lives.
Nursing is one of the country’s fastest-growing professions, and GIFTED will ensure your contract reflects how valuable your L&D RN talents are. At GIFTED Healthcare, our top priority is finding travel nursing opportunities that work best for your career and family. GIFTED offers excellent benefits for travel L&D nurses, including full health, dental, and vision insurance from day one.
L&D RN Role & Responsibilities
There are a variety of different roles you can take as an L&D nurse, depending on which part of childbirth you are assisting in. L&D nurses collaborate with physicians, families, and other healthcare professionals to create patient care plans. Labor and Delivery nurses implement care plans by monitoring mothers and their children, and by educating patients about newborn care and women’s health. They also provide patients with emotional support.
L&D RN responsibilities may include:
- Continual monitoring of infants and mothers and relaying status to physicians
- Displaying compassion, patience, and sensitivity with newborns and their families
- Providing care to patients in labor with both complicated and uncomplicated deliveries
- Managing patient care and passing instruments to surgeons in Operating Room during cesarean deliveries
- Providing care to mothers who have recently delivered infants, educating them on newborn health and care plans
- Bedside vigilance, critical thinking and ability to make decisions quickly
- Charting and maintenance of patient records
L&D nurses may also have the option to earn overtime (OT) or pick up per diem shifts in their area. GIFTED Healthcare offers licensure reimbursement and weekly or daily pay when applicable.
Become an L&D Travel Nurse with GIFTED Healthcare
GIFTED Healthcare provides L&D travel nurses with great pay, excellent benefits, and travel nursing assignments in top-notch facilities across the United States. Browse our job board below to find the Labor and Delivery travel RN assignment you’ve been searching for!
About GIFTED Healthcare
Since 2006, we’ve worked to build a reputation as an advocate for our clinicians, empowering them to make the most of their careers and lives. See why we’re the travel nurse agency that clinicians and care facilities trust.