OR Travel Nursing Jobs
Operating Room (OR) travel nurses, also known as perioperative nurses, guide patients through the surgical process. provide critical care to patients during their most vulnerable moments. Operating room nurses work in every type of healthcare facility, making travel nursing job opportunities abundant. As an OR RN with GIFTED Healthcare, you will care for patients before, during, and after they undergo surgery.
Nursing is one of the country’s fastest-growing professions, and GIFTED will ensure your contract reflects how valuable your OR RN talents are. At GIFTED Healthcare, our top priority is finding travel nursing opportunities that work best for your career and family. GIFTED offers excellent benefits for travel and per diem OR RNs, including full health, dental, and vision insurance from day one.
OR nurses may also have the option to earn overtime (OT) or pick up per diem shifts in their area. GIFTED Healthcare offers licensure reimbursement and weekly or daily pay when applicable.
OR RN Role & Responsibilities
OR nurses use their strengths as compassionate medical professionals daily. Overall, patients rely on OR nurses for comfort, understanding, and care. They work alongside surgical teams and serve as liaisons between medical professionals and patients’ families. RNs working in the operating room assist doctors and surgeons, monitoring patients’ vital signs during the procedure. Undoubtedly, OR RNs get patients through some of the most vulnerable moments in their lives.
Operating room nurses also assess patients before surgery, coordinate surgical requirements, and maintain a sterile operating room.
OR RN responsibilities may include:
- Assessing patients before surgery and addressing their concerns
- Gathering supplies needed for operations
- Adhering to safety procedures and maintaining a sterile operating room
- Positioning and preparation of patients on operating table
- Continual monitoring of patient vital signs to detect changes
- Delivering regular updates on patient status to physicians, patients, and patients’ famiilies.
- Evaluating patients after surgery
- Ensuring that medical equipment functions properly
- Administer IV’s and medications in coordination with patient care plans
- Bedside vigilance, critical thinking and ability to make decisions quickly
- Charting and maintenance of patient records
OR nurses must be highly organized and strong patient advocates. Their overall patience, communication, and education help multidisciplinary teams create the best patient outcomes.
Become an OR Travel Nurse with GIFTED Healthcare
GIFTED Healthcare provides OR travel nurses with great pay, excellent benefits, and travel nursing assignments in top-notch facilities across the United States. Browse our job board below to find the OR travel nurse assignment you’ve been searching for!
About GIFTED Healthcare
Since 2006, we’ve worked to build a reputation as an advocate for our clinicians, empowering them to make the most of their careers and lives. See why we’re the travel nurse agency that clinicians and care facilities trust.